Friday, May 31, 2013

Prologue

     As I mentioned in the "About Me" section, my name is Bethany Blundell and I hail from the great city of Las Cruces, New Mexico (yes, that is in the United States).
     I just finished my freshman year at New Mexico State University. I am pursuing a major in Journalism/Mass Communications with a double major in Communication Studies and a minor in Spanish. 
     Two weeks ago, as soon as I finished my finals, I packed my bags and my mom and I started the 1,300+ mile trip to my new home. Yes, we drove and yes, it was probably an insane idea. 
     You see, I was offered a summer internship in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois with State Farm in the Public Affairs department. 
     It has been two weeks since I started my internship here. I have never lived by myself for an extended amount of time and honestly, I still rely on my parents for many things. Considering this fact, and the fact that I knew no one in Bloomington before I came here, I have already experienced many new things and have had to deal with becoming a "big kid" all by myself. 
    The stories I already have are numerous and many people found my struggles quite amusing. Therefore, my mentor/supervisor at State Farm joked about me starting a blog. And that joke soon became a reality. 
    So sit back, read, laugh and enjoy learning about Adventures of the Clueless. 


***This is a picture of a sunrise in Las Cruces. One of the things I love most about my hometown are the sunrises and sunsets, they are some of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen.***

No comments:

Post a Comment